Youth Outreach Services (YOS) is committed to helping youth and families by providing community-based services that empower and enrich each individual, enabling them to face life’s challenges with confidence, competence, and dignity. Our mission is centered on fundamental values of diversity, compassion, impact, perseverance, and collaboration. We celebrate the uniqueness of every youth, family, and community we serve by being inclusive in our approach.
YOS’s executive leadership team, which is led by the organization’s first-ever female executive director, is responsible for managing a diverse staff, including some former clients and residents of our communities. YOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all employment opportunities and practices are free from discrimination. Discrimination based on factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, marital status, source of income, housing status, parental status, military discharge status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law is strictly prohibited.
- Fully committed to providing programs and policies that promote equity.
- Strives to address and reduce youth’s involvement with the juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
- Continued collection of robust data and analysis enables us to further understand the extent of health and racial disparities, the negative impact on youth, and how to effectively target our interventions.
Youth Outreach Services:
- Plays a crucial role in driving conversations and decision-making within systems that may negatively impact the life trajectory of young people.
- Continually monitors the overall impact of its interventions and reforms through collaboration with our key stakeholders to ensure progress in reducing disparities.
- Committed to prioritizing action-based approaches recommended by our social justice committee and staff, strengthening relationships with stakeholders, reviewing policies, and implementing innovative actions to achieve greater social justice.
- Program design fully takes into consideration the needs of LGBTQIA+ youth, including those who are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity, as well as straight allies.
- Prioritizes inclusivity and non-stigmatization to create a safe and confidential environment where everyone can focus on positivity and empowerment.
- Provides support and social opportunities LGBTQIA+ youth group is a social and recreational group.
- Openly supports and celebrates LGBTQIA+ staff, youth, and families.